Department of Cell Biology
address: Niezapominajek 21, 30-239 Kraków
telephone: (+48) 12 4253301 (wew./ext. 40)
faks: (+48) 12 4251844
Androgenesis in in vitro cultures of cereals, grasses and Brassicaceae – doubled haploid (DH) technology and utilisation of DHs in basic research and breeding practice
Molecular, proteomic, metabolomic and cytological background of androgenesis in hexaploid triticale (× Triticosecale Wittm.) and oilseed rape (Brassica napus L.)
In vitro cultures (tissue/suspension/protoplast) and its utilization in studies on tolerance/resistance and defence reactions in response to (a)biotic stress
Molecular and physiological determinants controlling resistance of winter triticale (× Triticosecale Wittm.) towards Microdochium nivale and Blumeria graminis infection
Epigenetic factors that influence on the process of microspore embryogenesis
Embryology of cassava (Manihot aesculenta Kranz)
RESEARCH COOPERATION OFFER
- Doubled haploids production by androgenesis (anther culture, isolated microspor culture) and distant crosses for basic reasearch (genetic mapping, QTLs analysis, proteomics, metabolomics) and breeding (cooperation with commeracial breeding companies)
- In vitro culture of organs/tissues/cell and protoplasts suspensions and its utilization in the studies on embryo- or organogenesis and defences reactions induced by abiotic stress treatment
- Plant-pathogen interactions, identification of factors that determine the resistance against pathogenic fungi
- Early phases of plant embryogenesis
- Advanced analytic methods of light and fluorescent microscopy: in situ immunodetection, histochemistry, cytogenetics, cariology, cytology and classic anatomy
- Biochemical and molecular analyses: proteins extraction and identyfication (D-Gel, Western-Blot, SELDI-TOF), DNA isolation and analysis (PAGE
- Hornyak A.
- Płażek A.
- Kopeć P.
- Dziurka M.
- Pastuszak J.
- Szczerba J.
- Hura T.
- Photosynthetic activity of common buckwheat (Fagopyrum esculentum Moench) exposed to thermal stress.
- Photosynthetica 58: 45-53.
- Malaga S.
- Janeczko A.
- Janowiak F.
- Waligórski P.
- Oklestkova J.
- Dubas E.
- Krzewska M.
- Nowicka A.
- Surówka E.
- Rapacz M.
- Wójcik-Jagła M.
- Kopeć P.
- Hura T.
- Ostrowska A.
- Kaczanowska K.
- Żur I.
- Involvement of homocastasterone, salicylic and abscisic acids in the regulation of drought and freezing tolerance in doubled haploid lines of winter barley.
- Plant Growth Regulation 90: 173–188.
- Libik-Konieczny M.
- Kuźniak E.
- Surówka E.
- Ślesak I.
- Nosek M.
- Miszalski Z.
- Crassulacean acid metabolism and its role in plant acclimatization to abiotic stresses and defence against pathogens.
- In: Progress in Botany. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg: 277-306.
Protocol for effective doubled haploids production by androgenesis for polish breeding materials of wheat (Triticum aestivum L.)
Oxidative stress and its role in the regulation of embryogenesis in isolated microspore cultures of triticale (x Triticale Wittm.) and barley (Hordeum vulgare L.)
MRiRW, nr 84,
Identification of factors determining the efficiency of doubled haploids production in rye (Secale cereale L.) through androgenesis and distant crosses
MRiRW, nr 26,
Identification of factors which determine drought and freezing tolerance in barley (Hordeum vulgare L.)