Dr Monika Kula-Maximenko
Joint Laboratory of Enzymatic Biotechnology and Catalysis
Department of Developmental Biology
(+48) 12 4251833 wew./ext. 219
- Stępień K.
- Skoneczna A.
- Kula-Maximenko M.
- Jurczyk L.
- Mołoń M.
- Depletion of the origin recognition complex subunits delays aging in budding yeast.
- Cells, 11: 1252.
- Hornyák M.
- Dziurka M.
- Kula-Maximenko M.
- Pastuszak J.
- Szczerba A.
- Szklarczyk M.
- Płażek A.
- Photosynthetic efficiency, growth and secondary metabolism of common buckwheat (Fagopyrum esculentum Moench) in different controlled-environment production systems.
- Scientific Reports, 12: 257.
- Guleken Z.
- Kula-Maximenko M.
- Depciuch J.
- Kilic A.M.
- Saribal D.
- Detection of the chemical changes in blood, liver, and brain caused by electromagnetic field exposure using Raman spectroscopy, biochemical assays combined with multivariate analyses.
- Photodiagnosis and Photodynamic Therapy, 38: 102779.
Biostrateg2/298241/10/NCBIR/2016 (akronim CROPTECH),
Optimization of industrial bioethanol production technology from maize grain. task no. 5: Development of wet corn maize ozonation technology
2019 HERCULES European School: neutrons & synchrotron radiation for science, Université Grenoble Alpes (France)
2016 – 2017 postgraduate studies at the Jagiellonian University, Faculty of Biochemistry, Biophysics and Biotechnology -
2010 – 2015 International Doctoral Studies in Natural Sciences at the Polish Academy of Sciences in Cracow
Doctor degree in biology, specialization: plant physiology
Title of thesis: “Effect of spectral composition of light on the photosynthesis, the metabolic activity and chemical composition of biomass in selected species of algae.”
2010 – 2012 postgraduate studies - The way to commercialization of life sciences research
2011 postgraduate studies at the University of Agriculture im. H. Kołłątaja w Krakowie -
The use of biomass for energy purposes
2009 – 2010 postgraduate studies - Waste and hazardous substances
2004 – 2008 master's degree from the Jagiellonian University
Department of chemistry, faculty of environmental protection,
Completed title: master of environmental biology
- effect of the spectral composition of light on algal and cyanobacteria cultures
- effect of cosmic rays on the biomass of algae and cyanobacteria
- photosynthesis in algae and cyanobacteria
- accumulation of photosynthetic proteins
- reactive oxygen species
- metabolic response of algae to mycotoxins, herbicides, heavy metals, and municipal sewage
- cell morphology
- algae and cyanobacteria culture in bioreactors
- calorimetric analysis (isothermal calorimetry)
- fluorimetric analysis: measuring the activity of photosystem II and I (PSII and PSI)
- spectrofluorymetry analysis
- spectrophotometric analysis
- spectrometry analysis of FT-Raman
- electrophoretic techniques
- immunodetection (Western Blot)
- extraction of fatty acids
- optical and fluorescence microscopy
PARTICIPATION IN OTHER PROJECTS
2021: "Influence of simulated cosmic rays on the quality of Chlorella vulgaris biomass - a potential food source
MINIATURA 5 (NCN), 2021/05/X/NZ9/00349
2019: "The dependence of the structure and functioning of the photosynthetic apparatus of selected species of eukaryotic
algae and cyanobacteria on the spectral composition of light".
Project IPP PAS for Young Scientists
2016: "Effect of silicon in the medium on the efficiency of the photosynthetic apparatus, the metabolic activity
and growth of green algae Chlorella vulgaris and Scenedesmus armatus".
Project MNiSW for Young Scientists
2010 – 2013: "The development of physiological and technical assumptions for the production of algae for energy purposes".
Project MNiSW nr N N313 705940 - executor of the physiological
MEMBERSHIP AND FUNCTIONS
International Society on Biological Calorimetry - od 2012
The Organizing Committe for the XX Conference of the International Society for Biological Calorimetry (XX ISBC 2018) – “Biological Calorimetry: past, present and future”
Laureate of the doctoral scholarship: “Doctus - Malopolska scholarship fund for graduate students" (grant funded by the European Social Fund, the state budget and the budget of the Malopolska Region, as part of the Human Capital Operational Program 2007 – 2013)